CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS.
Lodgic Everyday Community seeks to commission local artists to create unique, site-specific works highlighting the history and fabric of the Champaign-Urbana community. We are looking for visual artists working in a range of media — including (but not limited to) paint, ink and paper, mixed media, photography, 3D, print making, graphic arts, and more.
Interested artists should submit a portfolio of up to 10 examples of their work that best convey their style and talent. Artists may also submit a one-paragraph proposal of their idea for a Lodgic-specific art piece(s). Ideas may include but are not limited to:
· Large scale 2D wall art.
· 3D wall installations/wall hangings.
· Hanging sculpture.
· Poster series, conveying icons of the Champaign-Urbana community.
· Outdoor playground mural.
Lodgic will award up to 5 local artists paid commissions between $500 to $10,000 to create original pieces to be displayed as part of Lodgic’s permanent collection. The collection will add to Champaign-Urbana’s art scene while sharing the story of Champaign-Urbana. Awarded artists will receive grants to work with the Lodgic team to bring their vision to life and will be acknowledged in print and press and at our grand opening in June.
More about the Lodgic Everyday Community brand and our future look can be reviewed here. Submitting artists may also find it helpful to review our press releases and media coverage to learn more about our story, vision, and voice.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY FEBRUARY 9, 2018
VIDEO INTERVIEWS MAY BE REQUESTED FEBRUARY 15 to 19, 2018
AWARDS ANNOUNCED FEBRUARY 23, 2018
COMMISSIONED ART TO BE INSTALLED between MAY 1 and MAY 15, 2018
• Established and emerging artists – including students – from the Champaign-Urbana, Monticello, Mahomet, and other surrounding areas are welcome to apply.
• Artists must be free of management/representation and/or must have a release from said management to receive a grant.
• Visual artists working in a wide variety of media will be considered, including (but not limited to) paint, ink and paper, photography, graphic/poster art, murals, printmaking, glass, ceramic, sculpture, and mixed media.
• Artist(s) must be willing to collaborate with the Lodgic creative team to create original artwork commensurate with the messaging and aesthetic of Lodgic Everyday Community.
• Artist(s) understand(s) and agree(s) that they will work closely with the Lodgic branding and design team to ensure the final work meets all brand guidelines and technical specifications.
• Artwork must be delivered and ready for install no later than May 1, 2018.
• All rights and royalties to all commissioned art will become and remain the sole property of Lodgic Everyday Community upon payment and delivery of said art.
A review team from Lodgic and 40North will review all submissions and select the featured artist(s) to be announced at 40North Untitled on February 23, 2018. Winners will be notified ahead of the event, the week of February 19.
SUBMIT YOUR SAMPLES
-- THE SUBMISSION PERIOD HAS ENDED FOR THIS PORTFOLIO CALL. --